The practice was formed in 1964 by an amalgamation of the following three firms: Heney & Trevorrow – 1948; D. D. Thorp – 1955 and Wilken & MacKenzie – 1959.
The practice operated as a partnership under the style of Thorp Trevorrow MacKenzie & Bothma until 1974 when the name was changed to Mackenzie Cairns & Bothma. In March 1991 the name changed again to MacKenzie Cairns & Browne. The partnership was converted to a (Pty) Limited company in 2000. It is currently trading as MCB Consulting Engineers.
Since 1974 the firm has operated from premises in Randburg undertaking a wide variety of projects throughout the Republic of South Africa and neighbouring countries. The firm is a corporate member of CESA (Consulting Engineers South Africa).
The nature of the work handled by the firm embraces most aspects of civil and structural engineering design in reinforced concrete, structural steelwork, timber and structural brickwork including:
Our capabilities include, inter alia: